What is a gift annuity?
A gift annuity is a contract in which you transfer cash, securities or other assets to the Companions of St. Anthony for guaranteed regular payments for life.
The amount of each payment you receive is determined by your age when the annuity is funded.There is no limit to the number of annuities you can hold.In fact, some individuals fund annuities annually to take advantage of rate increases.
Once the payment is determined, it remains fixed for your lifetime. Payments can begin immediately, or you can defer them to a later date. You receive an income tax deduction for the gift portion when you fund the annuity, and part of each payment is tax free. Any excess deductions can be carried over an additional five tax years.
Why Consider a gift annuity?
Today’s interest rates are indeed a mixed blessing. If you wish to borrow money, low interest rates are helpful. However, if you depend on interest from your fixed income investments, low interest rates may be a problem.
There is a solution. You can use your certificates of deposit and low-yield stocks and bonds to benefit both yourself and the Companions.
Here’s how: Purchase a gift annuity and enjoy higher payments on the annuity for the rest of your life. At the same time, you will be helping us continue our work.
How will I benefit from a gift annuity?
By transferring cash or other assets such as securities to a charitable gift annuity, you can:
- enjoy guaranteed fixed payments for life.
- receive an income tax deduction for the gift value of the annuity if you itemize your deductions.
- receive part of each annuity payment tax free.
- create an annuity in your will for the benefit of a loved one.
- continue your support to the Companions of St. Anthony.
Can I provide for others with a gift annuity?
- You may contract for a joint annuity and name a second annuitant. The income is paid to both and then to the survivor. The second annuitant can be a spouse, parent, sibling or friend.
- To discuss charitable gift annuity options which may be right for you, please call us toll-free at 844-ST-ANTHONY (844-782-6846) .
- To receive a free, no-obligation proposal for a charitable gift annuity, please contact us by email click here.